Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) Card
As a member of VNSNY CHOICE EasyCare (HMO), you’ll have up to $45 per quarter (every three months) for OTC items. For a complete list of eligible items, please see 2022 OTC Program Catalog or call us.
Download the OTC app for your smartphone to easily find local stores where you can use your card, check items in-store to see if they’re eligible, and keep track of your OTC Card balance. Find out how to get the app here.
Here are some common questions members ask about the OTC Program benefit. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please call us.
You get up to $45 per quarter for OTC items. Be sure to use it, because the benefit does not carry over to the next quarter. The card is to buy items for your use and health and should not be used for anyone else.
Before you use your OTC card, you need to activate it by visiting otcnetwork.com/Member or calling us. Once activated, you can use your OTC Card for eligible purchases at participating stores and bodegas. No PIN or signature is required for in-store purchases — it works just like a pre-paid card. Go to the checkout lanes, and simply swipe the card for payment. This card is for eligible OTC item purchases only. If you need to pay for prescriptions, you’ll need to use a different card.
- OTC items can be bought at stores that are part of our network. This network includes many local stores and bodegas, as well as CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Family Dollar stores. For a complete list of participating stores and pharmacies, visit otcnetwork.com/member or call us and we can help you find one.
- Order items online or by phone from participating stores or by calling us, and your items will be delivered to your door. See how to place a home-delivery phone order below.
- Buy items at another store (not participating in the network) and ask VNSNY CHOICE to reimburse you.
Yes. If it’s more convenient for you, you can also buy OTC products at a non-participating store and ask CHOICE to reimburse you.
To request reimbursement, please follow these steps:
- Submit an original itemized receipt showing the items you bought. The receipt must include the store, the city or town where you bought the item, the date of purchase, the specific name of the product(s) that were bought, and the price paid.
- Your request must include information about you, so we know where to send your payment. Please be sure to include:
- Your name and member ID number.
- The complete address where your reimbursement should be sent.
- Your phone number, so we can contact you if there are any questions about the information you submitted.
All requests for reimbursement should be sent to the following address:
VNSNY CHOICE Care Team
ATTN: OTC Reimbursement
220 East 42nd St, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10017
Or faxed to: 1-646-524-8338.
All requests must be submitted within 60 days of when the item was bought. Please allow up to 30 days to process your request and have a check mailed to you.
For details, call us or check out the 2022 OTC Program Catalog.
Yes. There are two ways you can order OTC items for home delivery:
- Call Us – If you order OTC items by phone, please be ready with a list of the items you need. You will be asked for the name of the item, the amount you want, and other information (for instance, whether you prefer tablets versus caplets or cream versus ointment) that will help make sure you get the right item. Your items will be delivered at no cost to you and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5 to 7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may only be placed once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC Card balance at one time, but remember that your OTC Card balance does not carry over from quarter to quarter.
- Order Online – Visit http://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/vnsny. Have your CHOICE EasyCare Member ID Card ready and follow the simple instructions provided on the site. Your items will be delivered at no cost to you and you generally can expect to receive your order in 5 to 7 business days. Please note that phone and online orders may only be placed once a month. You do not need to use your full OTC Card balance at one time, but remember that your OTC Card balance does not carry over from quarter to quarter.
Yes. As long as you are an active member, on the first day of every quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1) your OTC card will automatically reload. You have the full three months to use your benefit amount. Be aware that any balance remaining at the end of the quarter does not roll over to the next quarter.
Go to shopping.drugsourceinc.com/vnsny. Type in your CHOICE EasyCare Member ID Number. Your Password is your Date of Birth (XX/XX/19XX). Click “Sign In” to begin placing an OTC order.
Yes, you can. Check your balance online anytime at otcnetwork.com/Member. Once on the site, you will be asked to enter your 19-digit OTC Card Number. On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your VNSNY CHOICE EasyCare Member ID Number to log in and check your balance.
You can also check the balance of your OTC Card by calling us.