It's a specialized Medicaid plan for people living with HIV, individuals of transgender experience or gender non-conforming, or homeless individuals, regardless of HIV status.
You deserve healthcare and personalized support services from providers who are respectful and knowledgeable about your needs. That’s what you’ll find in SelectHealth, a specialized Medicaid plan from VNSNY CHOICE.
SelectHealth may be right for for you if you are an adult eligible for Medicaid and meet any one of the following qualifications:
- Living with HIV; or
- Individuals of transgender experience or gender non-conforming, regardless of HIV status; or
- Homeless individuals, regardless of HIV status.
If you are eligible for the plan, your dependent children can also enroll in the plan with you, regardless of their HIV status.
SelectHealth’s special care and services are available if you live in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Nassau county, or Westchester county.
Why Consider SelectHealth?
- We cover a full range of medical and hospital services, prescription drugs*, dental and vision care, behavioral health care, and substance use treatment services.
- All care is guided by healthcare professionals who are fully committed to serving the community of people living with HIV.
- We provide easy access to a wide variety of specialists in HIV and transgender care at hospitals, physician groups, and private practices.
- You will also find excellent specialists in other fields of medicine including cardiology, dermatology, pulmonary medicine, and endocrinology.
- HIV prescriptions are pre-approved, so you will not have to wait for prior authorizations.
- Almost 6 out of 7 SelectHealth members have achieved complete viral load suppression. SelectHealth has the highest viral load suppression rate among similar plans in New York. **
- Our plan offers culturally competent and gender-affirming services available through regular Medicaid, plus additional services that we know are important to you.
- All services are performed with the highest level of confidentiality and respect.
- Your dependent children can also enroll in the plan with you.
- SelectHealth is proud to have a Platinum-level certification from the LGBT advocacy group SAGE (Services and Advocacy for LGBT Elders).
- Plus, as a member of SelectHealth, you may be eligible for behavioral health home- and community-based services, including treatment for mental health and substance use disorders.
More complete information about SelectHealth can be found in the SelectHealth Member Handbook.
If you are already a SelectHealth Member, please go to our Members section for more information.
*Copays may apply for prescription drugs.
**2019 eQARR: https://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/managed_care/reports/eqarr/
VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans complies with Federal civil rights laws. VNSNY CHOICE does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-469-7774 (TTY: 711).
注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務 。請致電 1-866-469-7774 (TTY: 711) 。
Last updated 3/31/2020
Photo of model.