New York State Policies And Guidelines
- New York State Department of Health HIV Testing Policies and Procedures
- New York State Department of Health Updates and Changes to HIV Treatment Guidelines
- New York State HIV Testing Law - FAQs
SelectHealth, a specialized Medicaid plan from VNSNY CHOICE supports the HIV Treatment Works (HTW) Campaign sponsored by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- HIV Treatment Works (HTW) website
- Watch videos of people living well with HIV
- Read profiles of people living well with HIV
- Resources for people living well with HIV
Staying Healthy with HIV as You Age
This brochure describes some common health problems older adults with HIV may face. Download a free copy of Staying Healthy with HIV as You Age. Additional information can be found at: http://hiv-age.org.
Aging and Living with HIV
This brochure contains some important facts about HIV and aging and identifies keys to aging well. Download a free copy of Aging and Living with HIV in English (interactive PDF) or Spanish (interactive PDF).
HIV and Hepatitis C
This brochure provides information about new effective treatments for people living with HIV and Hepatitis C. Download a free copy of HIV and Hepatitis C.
HIV Prevention and PrEP
People who are HIV negative and take a pill called PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) that can reduce their risk of getting HIV. If you worry about getting or transmitting HIV, talk to your doctor about PrEP and other ways to prevent HIV and STDs. You can also learn more at www.prepforsex.org.
Healthix and the AIDS Institute: Ending the Epidemic
The HIV infection continues to exact a huge toll on individuals in the U.S., with New York State among the leaders nationwide in reported HIV/AIDS cases. Since the mid-90s, antiretroviral treatment has led to dramatic changes in health outcomes for people living with HIV. Now, Healthix is providing real-time data to support detection and long term care in the continued fight to end the epidemic. Watch this video for more information.
Ending the Epidemic in New York State
SelectHealth, a specialized Medicaid plan from VNSNY CHOICE supports Ending the Epidemic (ETE), a three-point plan to move New York State closer to the end of the AIDS epidemic. The plan:
- Identifies people with HIV who remain undiagnosed and links them to health care.
- Links people diagnosed with HIV to health care and retains them to maximize virus suppression, so they can remain healthy and avoid further transmission.
- Facilitates access to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for high-risk people, to help them remain HIV negative.
HIV Tobacco Cessation Improvement Campaign
The New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute is excited to announce the launch of the HIV Tobacco Cessation Improvement Campaign. Antiretroviral therapy is extending the lives of people living with HIV (PLWH); yet, in the US, PLWH who smoke lose over six years of life expectancy compared to PLWH who do not smoke. Come join our campaign to help improve the health of PLWH across New York State. Visit www.hivtobaccofreeny.org to enroll and learn more about the campaign.
Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Beacon Health Options
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services
Phone: (518) 473-7793
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
Phone: (518) 485-1768
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Social Services
- New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- New York City Department of Health
- NYS Children's Medicaid Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) brochure
- Signs and Symptoms of Acute/Early HIV
- AIDSInfo (A Service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- The AIDS InfoNet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Women's Health Information Center
Photo of model.