Getting Help from CHOICE
Most questions or concerns about your VNSNY CHOICE MLTC plan can be answered by calling the knowledgeable professionals on your Care Team. Just explain your question to them, and they’ll often be able to address your need right then and there.
If we cannot answer your question, we will connect you with the right person to get you the help you’re looking for.
To protect your privacy, we will always ask you to provide three pieces of information to identify yourself. You can use any three of the following:
- CHOICE MLTC ID Number
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Full Address
- Phone Number
- New York Medicaid ID Number
We understand that you may need someone else to call on your behalf. To learn more about how to allow someone to represent you, go here.
Not Sure Who to Call or When?
Check below, so we can help make sure your question gets to the right person.
When to call your home health agency:
Write down the name and number of the agency your aide comes from and keep it handy. You’ll need to know it when:
- You have to change your aide’s schedule—the day or time of their visit.
- You need to temporarily stop your home health service because of vacation or a hospital stay.
- You have a problem or concern about your aide’s performance.
- You want a different aide from the same agency.
When to call CHOICE MLTC Care Team:
- You need to temporarily stop all other services and deliveries because of vacation or a hospital stay. (You must also call your home health agency to suspend your home health care.)
- You have a problem or concern about the agency your aide comes from.
- You want to change to a different home health agency.
Your care manager or Care Team can give you the number of the company that sends you your medical supplies. You can call them directly when you need to reorder, as long as the delivery date is at least 30 days from your last order. To check the status of an existing order, just call VNSNY CHOICE MLTC Member Services.
For more information about your medical supplies.