Getting Help from Your VNSNY CHOICE Total Plan
Most questions about your VNSNY CHOICE Total (HMO D-SNP) plan can be answered by calling Member Services. Just explain your question or concern to them, and they’ll often be able to address your need right then and there. If Member Services cannot answer your question, they will connect you with the right member of your Care Team to get you the help you’re looking for. Scroll down to see who to contact for other specific questions you may have about your services.
IMPORTANT: If you have an emergency and need to visit the emergency room, always call 911.
We understand that you may need someone else to call on your behalf. To learn more about how to allow someone to represent you, visit our FAQ page.
When to Call Your Home Health Agency
Write down the name and number of the agency your aide comes from and keep it handy. You’ll need to know it when:
- You have to change your aide’s schedule—the day or time of their visit.
- You need to temporarily stop your home health service because of vacation or a hospital stay.
- You have a problem or concern about your aide’s performance.
- You want a different aide from the same agency.
When to Call CHOICE Total Member Services
- You need to temporarily stop all other services and deliveries because of vacation or a hospital stay. (You must also call your home health agency to suspend your home health care.)
- You have a problem or concern about the agency your aide comes from.
- You want to change to a different home health agency.
To get help with Medicaid recertification, you can call Member Services. Medicaid recertification specialists are available from 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Find out more information about keeping Medicaid active. You can also call Member Services at the number below.
To protect your privacy, Member Services will always ask you to provide three pieces of information to identify yourself. You can use any three of the following:
- CHOICE Total ID Number
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Full Address
- Phone Number
- New York Medicaid ID Number
Your Care Manager or Member Services can give you the number of the company that sends you your medical supplies. You can call them directly when you need to reorder, as long as the delivery date is at least 30 days from your last order.
To check the status of an existing order, just call VNSNY CHOICE Total Member Services.
For more information about your medical supplies, go to our Medications page.
To see if a medication is in the CHOICE Total drug list, use this online Formulary Search tool. To get answers to questions about pharmacy benefits, please call MedImpact at 1-888-672-7205 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about your pharmacy benefits, follow this link.
If you have a question about your CHOICE Total OTC and Grocery card that you can’t find the answer to here, please call Member Services.