Getting Help from Your VNSNY CHOICE Total Plan
Most questions about your VNSNY CHOICE Total (HMO D-SNP) plan can be answered by calling your CHOICE Total Care Team. Just explain your question or concern to them, and they’ll often be able to address your need right then and there. If we cannot answer your question, we will connect you with the right person to get you the help you’re looking for. Scroll down to see who to contact for other specific questions you may have about your services.
IMPORTANT: If you have an emergency and need to visit the emergency room, always call 911.
We understand that you may need someone else to call on your behalf. To learn more about how to allow someone to represent you, visit our FAQ page.
When to Call Your Home Health Agency
Write down the name and number of the agency your aide comes from and keep it handy. You’ll need to know it when:
- You have to change your aide’s schedule—the day or time of their visit.
- You need to temporarily stop your home health service because of vacation or a hospital stay.
- You have a problem or concern about your aide’s performance.
- You want a different aide from the same agency.
When to Call Your CHOICE Total Care Team
- You need to temporarily stop all other services and deliveries because of vacation or a hospital stay. (You must also call your home health agency to suspend your home health care.)
- You have a problem or concern about the agency your aide comes from.
- You want to change to a different home health agency.
To get help with Medicaid recertification, you can call us. Medicaid recertification specialists are available from 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Find out more information about keeping Medicaid active. You can also call us at the number below.
To protect your privacy, we will always ask you to provide three pieces of information to identify yourself. You can use any three of the following:
- CHOICE Total ID Number
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Full Address
- Phone Number
- New York Medicaid ID Number
Your Care Team can give you the number of the company that sends you your medical supplies. You can call the company directly when you need to reorder, as long as the delivery date is at least 30 days from your last order. To check the status of an existing order, just call us.
For more information about your medical supplies, go to our Drug Benefits and Resources page.
To see if a medication is in the CHOICE Total drug list, use this online Formulary Search tool. To get answers to questions about pharmacy benefits, please call MedImpact at 1-888-672-7205 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about your pharmacy benefits, follow this link to our Drug Benefits and Resources page.
If you have a question about your CHOICE Total OTC and Grocery card that you can’t find the answer to here, please call us.