Your Plan Benefits
SelectHealth from VNSNY CHOICE provides easy access to a variety of specialists in HIV and transgender healthcare at hospitals, physician groups, and private practices. Because we know you are more than your status or pronoun, our provider network includes excellent specialists in other types of medicine, including:
- cardiology (the treatment of heart and blood vessel conditions or diseases),
- dermatology (the treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions or diseases),
- pulmonary medicine (the treatment of lung disease),
- endocrinology (the treatment of hormone problems and related diseases, such as diabetes),
- and more.
More complete information about SelectHealth can be found in the SelectHealth Member Handbook.
After you enroll in SelectHealth you will still need your Medicaid Benefit Card for services such as dental care or outpatient substance use disorder (alcohol and drug treatment) services that are not covered by the plan.
Click here to view the SelectHealth Formulary (the list of prescription drugs SelectHealth covers).
*Copays may apply for prescription drugs.
For a list of pharmacies where members can fill their prescriptions, please review the SelectHealth Provider Directory.
Mental Health Services
- Intensive Psychiatric Rehab Treatment (IPRT) Clinic
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment
- Partial hospital care
- Rehab services if you are in a community home or in family-based treatment
- Continuing day treatment
- Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS)
- Assertive Community Treatment Services (ACT)
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention services
Substance Use Disorder Services
- Inpatient and outpatient substance use disorder (alcohol and drug) treatment
- Inpatient detoxification services
- Opioid, including methadone maintenance treatment and Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) treatment
- Residential substance use disorder treatment
- Outpatient alcohol drug and treatment services
- Detox services
Children’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
Starting October 1, 2019, SelectHealth will cover children’s HCBS for members participating in the Children’s Waiver and provide care management for these services. Learn more.
Behavioral Health Home- and Community-Based Services (BH HCBS)
BH HCBS provide opportunities for eligible SelectHealth members to receive a broad range of support in their own homes or communities, including:
- Services to Help You Find Housing or Live Independently
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Community psychiatric support and treatment
- Non-medical transportation for needed community services
- Services to Help You Return to School and Find a Job
- Education support services
- Pre-vocational services
- Transitional employment
- Intensive supported employment
- Ongoing supported employment
- Services to Help You Manage Stress and Prevent Crises
- Short-term crisis respite
- Intensive crisis respite
- Getting Help from People Who Have Been There and Other Important Supporters
- Peer support services
- Family support and training
Last updated 4/6/2020
Photo of model.