NY State HIV/AIDS Policies and Resources
Here are some resources that may be helpful to those living with HIV/AIDS, and their families.
HIV Treatment Works Campaign
VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth supports the HIV Treatment Works (HTW) Campaign sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).The HTW campaign features people who are living with HIV talking about how sticking with care and treatment helps them stay healthy, protect other, and live longer, healthier lives.
- HIV Treatment Works (HTW) website
- Watch videos of people living well with HIV
- Read profiles of people living well with HIV
- Resources for people living well with HIV
HIV Tobacco Cessation Improvement Campaign
The New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute is excited to announce the launch of the HIV Tobacco Cessation Improvement Campaign. Antiretroviral therapy is extending the lives of people living with HIV (PLWH); yet, in the US, PLWH who smoke lose over six years of life expectancy compared to PLWH who do not smoke. Come join our campaign to help improve the health of PLWH across New York State. Visit www.hivtobaccofreeny.org to enroll and learn more about the campaign.
New York State Policies and Guidelines
- New York State Department of Health HIV Testing Policies and Procedures
- New York State Department of Health Updates and Changes to HIV Treatment Guidelines
- New York State HIV Testing Law - FAQs
- New York State Department of Health
- New York City Department of Health
- Signs and Symptoms of Acute/Early HIV
- AIDSInfo (A Service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- The AIDS InfoNet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Women's Health Information Center